It was a Once upon a time, a terrible take on social media could have gotten me into an argument. These days, it’s just accelerating my grumpy decline. My attempt to get out of the echo chamber was a short-lived experience that nearly killed my faith in humanity. Despite the negative impact of doomscrollingi stay desperately addicted to my phone but reluctant to delete my social media accounts. Fortunately, there is another way.
Free yourself from fabricated outrage and the fear of missing out. Life is too short to submit to the ramblings of every bewildered relative, drunken friend, or semi-acquaintance. It’s time you learned how to mute the sound. While we’re at it, you might also consider how to control who sees your messages And how to tidy up your social media accounts.
- What is mute?
- How to Mute People on Facebook
- How to Mute People on Twitter
- How to mute people on TikTok
- How to Mute People on Instagram
- How to Mute People on LinkedIn
- How to Mute People on WhatsApp
When you mute someone on social media, you no longer see what they post in your feed. Mute a chat and you no longer receive notifications about new messages. You can always check their profile to see what they’re posting or open a group chat to catch up on messages you’ve missed. The beauty of muting is that the people you’re muting don’t know you’ve muted them.
Learning how to mute people and groups is the best way to avoid the potential conflict of deleting, blocking, or leaving a group chat. It may be healthier and more honest to delete your friends list, but the reality is that deleting and blocking can have real consequences. People are offended. They may want to know why you blocked them. If you don’t feel like dealing with it, muting is the way to go.
How to Mute People on Facebook
While Meta rethinks the Facebook feed, cutting out all the messages you’d rather not see still requires some input. There are several ways to mute the sound on Facebook.
- Open Facebook.
- Go to the profile page of anyone you want to deactivate.
- Press the Friends button at the top and choose No longer follow in the drop-down menu.
- You can also tap the menu (three dots) next to any post in your feed that you don’t like and select Repeat X for 30 days to temporarily disable them, or No longer follow to disable them permanently.
- To turn off Facebook stories, just long press on the story, choose The Mute X Storyand select your preferred period (24 hours, 1 weekOr Indefinitely).
You can also mute and ignore people or group chats on Facebook Messenger. Here’s how: