MSSP Alert provides instant news, analysis, and chatter from our entire ecosystem of managed security service providers.
- content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs. Threat Hunters; Security Operations Centers as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), and Extended Detection and Response (XDR) providers, and companies that partner with such companies.
- Frequency and format: Every morning. Usually one or two sentences for each of the following items:
- Reach your inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editor-in-Chief Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR, and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Cloud Security: Elastic has expanded Elastic Security capabilities to include AWS Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM), Container Workload Security, and Cloud Vulnerability Management. Elastic now offers a comprehensive security analytics solution that includes Cloud Native Application Protection for AWS.
2. Chinese Product Review: China’s cyberspace regulator will conduct a cybersecurity review of products sold in the country by US memory chip maker Micron Technology. The move aims to protect the security of critical information infrastructure supply chains, prevent hidden risks and safeguard national security, China’s Cyberspace Administration said in a short statement. Source: Reuters)
3. Security research: Dragos has released a comprehensive analysis of the state of cybersecurity in the Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and Operational Technology (OT) sectors. Based on data gathered from a variety of sources, including Dragos’ proprietary threat intelligence platform, this report provides insight into the latest threats, trends, and best practices in ICS/OT cybersecurity.
4. Supply chain security: founding member of OSC&R (Open Software Supply Chain Attack Reference), An open framework for understanding and evaluating existing threats to the software supply chain.
5. Industry Awards: GoodAccess, a secure cloud access company, won the 2023 Cybersecurity Excellence Award three times. GoodAccess won the “Best the Cybersecurity Startup”, “Zero Trust Security” and “Best VPN” awards.
6. Leadership Moves: Traceable AI “Dr. Zero Trust” chase cunningham as an advisor.Cunningham Collaborates with Zero Trust Experts John Kindervagwas also named an advisor in March to define the intersection of API security and Zero Trust. Together, they bring nearly 50 years of combined cybersecurity experience in applying Zero Trust frameworks.
7. Industry Recognition: ColorTokens Inc., a unified Zero Trust platform provider, announced that The Globee Awards awarded the company Gold Awards for ‘Microsegmentation’ and ‘Container Security’ and Silver Awards for ‘Zero Trust Security’.
8. Product Launch: UK-based cybersecurity managed services specialist Socura has partnered with Palo Alto Networks’ Prisma to launch a managed SASE service. Socura says “he is one of the first UK security companies to offer SASE as a managed service”, “which gives him an edge over his traditional MSSPs who only specialize in protecting traditional on-premises environments”. said he hopes to
9. Ransomware Research: KnowBe4, a security awareness training and simulated phishing platform provider, presents the ongoing impact of cybercrime on state and local governments, titled “Economic Impact of Cyberattacks on Local Governments” We have released a new report.