Samsung will not have a physical presence at MWC 2021 in Barcelona. “The health and safety of our employees, partners and customers is our number one priority, so we have made the decision not to exhibit in person at this year’s Mobile World Congress,” a company spokesperson said. Reuters (Going through The edge).
As it stands, the GSM Association, the organization that annually organizes the MWC, plans to move forward with an in-person event on June 28. Samsung is the latest company to announce that it will attend the event remotely. Previously, Sony, Nokia and Ericsson had announced similar plans. Google also said it will not be exhibiting at MWC, but still plans to attend virtually.
Last year, the GSMA finished cancellation of MWC 2020 after several major exhibitors including Samsung, Sony and LG withdrew from the event in the days leading up to it. We’ve reached out to the organization for feedback and to see if they are still considering attending an in-person event. We’ll update this story when we get back to you.
All products recommended by Engadget are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through any of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission.